In a recent social media buzz, a former Navy SEAL and member of DEVGRU (SEAL Team 6) drew attention for using the unusual Taurus Judge revolver, a handgun capable of firing both .45 Colt and .410 shotgun rounds. It’s unusual to see modern military forces using revolvers, especially an unconventional one like the Taurus Judge, which is often considered more of a novelty due to its capacity to chamber .410 rounds.
- A former Navy SEAL and DEVGRU member posted a picture in which he was seen carrying a Taurus Judge revolver in his plate carrier’s kangaroo pouch.
- It is uncommon for modern military personnel to use revolvers, with the last known usage for training K9s with blanks in the Air Force.
- The Taurus Judge is unique among revolvers, as it can chamber both .45 Colt and .410 shotgun rounds.
- Despite being seen as a novelty due to its ability to use .410 rounds, this unconventional firearm was the chosen weapon of a high-level DEVGRU operator.
- The choice of the Taurus Judge by this former SEAL suggests that at the DEVGRU level, the standard issue weaponry may often deviate from the norm.