Former U.S. Army infantryman, Dalton J. Medlin, reportedly lost his life on Sept. 27 while on a reconnaissance mission as a volunteer fighter in Ukraine. Although the U.S. State Department has yet to confirm his death, Ryan O’Leary, a fellow Army veteran and member of the volunteer group “Chosen Company,” revealed the tragic news. Medlin had been part of Chosen Company since the start of 2023.
- Dalton J. Medlin was reported dead during a mission in Ukraine while serving as a volunteer with the “Chosen Company.”
- The “Chosen Company” consists of English-speaking veteran volunteers, supporting Ukrainian troops of the 59th Mechanized Brigade.
- The U.S. State Department is aware but has not confirmed Medlin’s death, citing limited capability to verify such reports in Ukraine.
- The exact number of American casualties in Ukraine is uncertain due to a lack of obligatory travel registration for U.S. citizens.
- During his service in the U.S. Army (2017-2021), Medlin earned several commendations and medals, highlighting his contributions and conduct.