The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) successfully rescued Pvt. Ori Megidish, an Israeli soldier who was kidnapped by Hamas on October 7, during ground operations in Gaza. Megidish, among the 200-plus hostages held by Hamas, was actively saved in a combined effort between the IDF and the Israeli Security Agency (ISA). Following the rescue, she has been reunited with her family and has provided valuable information to Israeli intelligence.
- Pvt. Ori Megidish was abducted by Hamas on October 7 and was among over 200 hostages.
- The IDF and the Israeli Security Agency (ISA) collaborated in a joint operation to successfully rescue Megidish from captivity in Gaza.
- Following her rescue, Megidish was found to be in good mental and physical health and has since reunited with her family.
- She has shared insights from her captivity with Israeli intelligence, which might be useful for future operations.
- The rescue operation occurred amid international pressure on Israel to secure the release of other captives, with more than 1,400 people, predominantly civilians, killed since Hamas’ rampage in Israel.