In “What I’m Glad I Told My Kids When They Were Little,” Matt Christensen interviews 11 fathers who reflect on the valuable life lessons and sayings they consistently shared with their children. These fathers believe that their chosen words, often repeated over time, made a significant positive impact on their children’s lives, shaping them into thoughtful, respectful, and curious individuals.
- The significance of how words are delivered is as important as the words themselves, emphasizing the power of tone, intent, and authenticity in communication.
- Encouraging children to consistently ask “Why?” cultivates a love for learning and helps in developing critical thinking skills.
- Imparting the idea that life is made up of different chapters, both joyful and challenging, teaches resilience and an appreciation for life’s journey.
- Instilling values of equality and respect between genders helps raise children who recognize the worth and potential of every individual.
- Teaching the importance of perseverance and resilience equips children to face challenges with a positive and determined mindset.