American commandos are currently in Israel assisting in the search for over 200 hostages taken during Hamas’s attacks on October 7th. The Pentagon’s top special operations official confirmed their active involvement, stating they’re aiding the Israelis in several capacities, including the identification of American hostages.
- Over 200 hostages were seized during Hamas’s surprise cross-border attacks on Oct. 7.
- The Pentagon confirmed that U.S. commandos are in Israel to assist with the situation, primarily helping to identify hostages.
- In addition to the recently dispatched commandos, a small U.S. team was already in Israel for training prior to the attacks.
- U.S. Special Operations forces are collaborating with various U.S. departments and Israeli officials, though they have no direct combatant roles.
- Several Western nations have discreetly moved their special forces teams closer to Israel for potential rescue operations or large-scale evacuations.