Exclusive footage acquired by Kyiv Post allegedly shows Ukrainian special forces targeting Wagner Group mercenaries in Sudan. The videos, not independently verified, depict night and daytime operations, with infrared imaging capturing explosions and the aftermath of attacks. Despite these revelations, the Ukrainian government has not confirmed any such operations, and official comments remain noncommittal.
- Two leaked videos suggest Ukrainian special forces are engaging in operations against Russian-affiliated Wagner Group mercenaries in Sudan, as part of a cleanup campaign.
- The operations involve nighttime and daytime surveillance and attacks on compounds, with the use of RPGs and other explosives, as captured in the videos.
- Ukraine’s official stance on these operations is ambiguous, with no direct acknowledgment from the government or the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
- The Ukrainian involvement in Sudan is rooted in the broader context of Russian influence in the region, with past reports of Russia and the Wagner Group supporting a coup in Sudan in 2019.
- The ongoing geopolitical dynamics include Ukraine’s commitment to countering Russian military ventures globally, as stated by Ukrainian officials and evidenced by President Zelensky’s discussions with Sudanese leadership.