Artificial intelligence startup Anthropic has launched an open beta version of its new AI chatbot, Claude 2, offering competition to chatbots like OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google’s Bard. The updated chatbot boasts a more conversational interface and can produce longer responses. While the tool is available in the US and UK, Anthropic plans a global release in the coming months.
- Anthropic’s new AI chatbot, Claude 2, is now available in an open beta for public use. It is intended to rival chatbots like OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google’s Bard.
- Thanks to its powered large language model, Claude 2 can respond to questions and prompts in natural language. It can summarize text, draft documents, and assist with tasks such as coding and math.
- Unlike its predecessor, Claude 2 is touted as “less likely to produce harmful outputs” and is designed to minimize the production of offensive or harmful content.
- Claude 2 is available in the US and UK, with a global release planned for the coming months.
- To use Claude 2, users must go to Claude.ai, sign up with an email or Google account, and agree to the company’s terms, acceptable use, and privacy policies.