Following a surprise attack on Israel by Hamas, Poland has initiated plans to evacuate its citizens from the nation. Polish President Andrzej Duda announced the deployment of air force transport planes, supported by special forces, to ensure the safe return of Polish citizens, with the Defence Minister outlining the use of an “evacuation bridge” with Greece if necessary.
- Polish President Andrzej Duda confirmed the deployment of military planes to evacuate Polish citizens from Israel following a Hamas attack.
- Two C-130 Hercules planes are set to carry out the evacuation, with special forces ensuring the safety and protection of approximately 200 Poles at Ben Gurion Airport.
- Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak has indicated the possibility of increasing the number of planes or collaborating with Greece to ensure the safe passage of all Polish citizens in Israel.
- The unexpected attack by Hamas on Israel prompted the swift action by the Polish government to prioritize the safety of its citizens abroad.
- Talks are ongoing about establishing an evacuation bridge with Greece, indicating a coordinated international effort to address the crisis.