The Pentagon is accelerating the delivery of weapons to Israel through collaborations with major U.S. defense companies in response to the escalating violence following a major terror attack by Hamas. The U.S. has already dispatched military cargo planes carrying security aid to the region. In addition, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has instructed U.S. firepower, including the USS Gerald Ford Carrier Strike Group, to move closer to the region.
- The Pentagon is coordinating with U.S. defense firms to fast-track the delivery of Israeli weapon orders amid rising regional tensions.
- Military cargo planes transporting security support have already left the U.S. bound for Israel, though specifics of the assistance are undisclosed.
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin ordered significant U.S. military assets, including the USS Gerald Ford Carrier Strike Group, to reposition closer to the Middle East.
- Following a massive attack by Hamas, Israel has launched a series of retaliatory airstrikes, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signaling that these strikes are just the beginning.
- The ongoing conflict has resulted in over 1,300 casualties, including 11 U.S. citizens, prompting heightened efforts by President Joe Biden’s team to address the situation.