Southeastern Kentucky Rehabilitation Industries Inc. (SEKRI) has secured a three-year, $102.5 million contract from the Defense Logistics Agency for advanced tactical assault panels. Meanwhile, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has awarded a $9.85 million contract to Southwest Research Institute for its Cancun program, which seeks to enhance warfighter situational awareness in the high-frequency radio band.
- The Defense Logistics Agency has awarded SEKRI a maximum $102,483,225 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for advanced tactical assault panels. The contract period is set to end on June 15, 2026.
- The contract with SEKRI will be funded through defense working capital funds from fiscal years 2023 to 2026.
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has awarded a $9,854,404 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to the Southwest Research Institute for the Cancun program.
- The Cancun program will develop distributable nodes to measure the high-frequency (HF) radio environment to improve situational awareness for warfighters in the critical HF radio band.
- Work on the Cancun program will be carried out in several locations across the U.S., including Texas, New York, Washington, and North Carolina, with an expected completion date of December 2024.