Israel has opted for limited ground incursions into the Gaza Strip instead of a comprehensive invasion, aligning with the advice of U.S. defense secretary, Lloyd J. Austin III. However, the Biden administration remains uncertain about Israel’s next moves, noting the increased airstrikes and extended ground operations in recent days. Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, announced that their forces began the “second stage of the war” in Gaza, without classifying it as an invasion.
- Israel’s strategy for limited ground operations in Gaza mirrors the recommendations from U.S. defense secretary, Lloyd J. Austin III.
- The Biden administration notes increased Israeli military aggression, making it challenging to predict their next steps.
- Benjamin Netanyahu declared the onset of the “second stage of the war” in Gaza.
- Israeli forces have ventured into the northern part of Gaza and maintained their position as of Saturday evening.
- Despite the recent military actions, Netanyahu stopped short of labeling them as an “invasion.”