ChatGPT, OpenAI’s generative AI tool, now supports plugins that allow users to enhance its functionality. These plugins, akin to Chrome extensions, are third-party applications and can range from booking hotel services to aiding in language learning. OpenAI offers this feature for ChatGPT Plus subscribers, emphasizing the importance of users exercising caution when granting these plugins access to their data.
- ChatGPT plugins are third-party applications that enhance ChatGPT’s capabilities, similar to Chrome extensions for a browser.
- Plugin support is exclusive to ChatGPT Plus subscribers, which comes at a subscription cost of $20 per month.
- OpenAI does not control the plugins and urges users to be cautious when granting access, as plugins connect ChatGPT to external apps and may share user data.
- Some notable plugins for ChatGPT include Wolfram for math help, Prompt Perfect for refining queries, and Speak for advanced language translation.
- Users can only have three active plugins at a time to avoid overwhelming the AI, but can switch them out by starting a new conversation.