Edgar Brothers has secured a contract to supply the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) with the Alternative Individual Weapon (AIW) System after a competitive trial. The AIW encompasses a rifle system, optic system, and a training system. Edgar Brothers will collaborate with global suppliers to deliver this solution. As part of the contract, Edgar Brothers is mandated to enhance social value in the UK, aligning with the five key themes of The Social Value Model.
- Edgar Brothers won a contract with the UK MOD to provide the Alternative Individual Weapon (AIW) System, which consists of a rifle, optic, and training system.
- The company will partner with renowned suppliers like Knight’s Armament Company, Vortex Optics, Aimpoint, Reptilia, Magpul, and Simunition for various components and accessories.
- Mike Newman, Director of Edgar Brothers, emphasized the innovative nature of “Project Hunter” and the role of industry partners in achieving a new standard for personal weapon systems.
- Edgar Brothers is committed to improving Social Value in the UK as stipulated by the contract, addressing five main themes from The Social Value Model.
- Col Paul Cummings, DE&S Dismounted Close Combat Portfolio Leader, lauded the close collaboration that made “Project Hunter” a success, highlighting its benefits to the Army Special Operations Brigade and the new Ranger Battalions.