U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) recently conducted the Digital Falcon Oasis exercise, exploring the potential of digital tools to detect and address over a thousand threats within a 24-hour window. Instead of traditional PowerPoint presentations and binders, the post-exercise briefing primarily used digital maps and live data feeds. The main takeaway from the exercise was the essential role of live data in modern military operations, emphasizing that CENTCOM’s ongoing digital transformation will continue to prioritize live data feeds for real-world applications.
- The Digital Falcon Oasis exercise sought to determine if digital tools could enable CENTCOM to swiftly identify and neutralize large numbers of threats in a day.
- The post-exercise briefing demonstrated CENTCOM’s shift to live data feeds, offering real-time visualizations of forces in the field and other operational details.
- Live data is fundamental to CENTCOM’s operational efforts, bridging the gap between software tools and their impact on real-world situations.
- Current efforts have resulted in over 150 live data feeds available to anyone in CENTCOM and the integration of dozens more updated data sources.
- The emphasis on digital warfighting underscores the need for real-time data to ensure prompt and accurate responses during crises.