As winter settles in, some are looking for getaways to escape the cold. In an article by Megan Michelson, Outside Online suggests six places where travelers can swap ice and cold for sand and sun. These destinations range from the beaches of Mexico to the national parks of Tanzania, offering a mix of activities, including windsurfing in Morocco and triathlon training in San Diego.
- Todos Santos, Mexico offers opportunities for swimming with whale sharks, snorkeling with sea lions, and watching humpback whales.
- When it’s winter in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s summer in New Zealand, making Abel Tasman National Park a top choice for treks and beach relaxation.
- San Diego, California is an ideal spot for surfing, hiking, and enjoying a vibrant triathlon training scene.
- Essaouira, Morocco is known for its windsurfing, lively music scene, and delicious seafood dinners.
- Naples, Florida, located along the Gulf of Mexico, offers sea kayaking, paddleboarding, and resort relaxation.
- Ruaha National Park in Tanzania provides a unique safari experience, especially during the quieter months of January and February.