Andre Drummond, a veteran player for the Chicago Bulls, reflects on the evolution of diet and nutrition in the NBA since he was drafted in 2012. He credits significant changes in his diet and nutrition, along with a focus on physical and mental health, for his longevity and success in the league.
- Drummond has observed a significant shift in the NBA’s approach to diet and nutrition over his career, moving away from fast food and unhealthy eating habits.
- He has made substantial changes to his diet, including working with a chef and incorporating healthier meals, which he credits for maintaining his performance and avoiding major injuries.
- Drummond’s game day routine includes light, nutritious meals to avoid feeling heavy during games, contrasting with his less strict off-season diet that allows for occasional indulgences.
- The player emphasizes the importance of starting his fitness regime in June, rather than September, to gradually build up conditioning and prevent burnout.
- Drummond’s focus on wellness extends beyond diet to include regular meditation, mindful practices, and a preference for specific scents to enhance his mental state before games.