Harry Bullmore, a fitness writer, tried “the world’s greatest stretch” every day for a week to validate its reputed benefits. Incorporating it into his routine, which includes high-intensity resistance workouts and gymnastics, he discovered that the stretch lived up to its name. The stretch not only bolstered his workouts but also provided relief during long hours of sitting at a desk.
- “The world’s greatest stretch” aims to improve core strength, posture, and enhance mobility in the hips, ankles, and spine, as emphasized by certified personal trainer Jess Suthard.
- The mechanics of the stretch involve starting in a high plank position, bringing a foot forward, dropping the same-side elbow, and then extending the arm skyward, targeting multiple body parts in one movement.
- Three main benefits of this stretch are: it works the entire body, it’s an excellent addition to a workout warm-up, and it offers advantages for those with sedentary lifestyles, particularly those with desk jobs.
- After consistently doing the stretch for a week, Bullmore felt that his shoulders and spine were stronger, allowing him to perform better in his workouts.
- The stretch is recommended for anyone looking to enhance their pre-workout routine or just to incorporate a beneficial stretch into their day.