The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) warned Ukraine against attacking the Nord Stream gas pipelines last year after discovering a Ukrainian plot to destroy this vital energy link between Russia and Europe. This revelation emerged as investigators probed the circumstances behind explosions on the Nord Stream pipelines, suspecting potential involvement of a rented yacht.
- The CIA had explicit details of a Ukrainian plot to sabotage the Nord Stream pipelines, a significant energy conduit between Russia and Europe.
- The agency issued a warning to the Ukrainian government against carrying out this plot last summer.
- Explosions occurred on the Nord Stream pipelines last year, and investigators are now examining their origins.
- A rental yacht is currently linked to the incident, while some officials have categorically dismissed any Russian involvement.
- This development has surfaced amidst the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, adding another layer to the geopolitical implications.