Ukrainian special forces successfully rescued two paratroopers who had been concealed in Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine for 18 months. These soldiers, despite being “seriously injured” during combat with Russian forces, were able to avoid capture with assistance from local residents. The Ukrainian Navy praised the special unit, “Angels”, for executing the rescue mission.
- Two Ukrainian paratroopers, who were “seriously injured” in clashes with Russian troops, hid in Russian-occupied territories for over a year and a half.
- The soldiers managed to evade capture with the assistance of local communities in the occupied regions.
- A specialized unit of the Ukrainian Navy named “Angels” conducted a specialized operation to rescue these servicemen.
- The Ukrainian Air Assault Forces Command played a supportive role in the operation by providing covering fire.
- A separate incident reported the death of a British paratrooper, Simon Lingard, during a rescue attempt in the Bakhmut region of eastern Ukraine.