Ukrainian forces have successfully breached Russia’s primary defensive line, known as the Surovikin Line, west of Verbove in southern Ukraine. The Ukrainian troops now face a perilous situation as they must traverse a mile of open ground, devoid of cover, to enter Verbove, while being vulnerable to Russian artillery and drones. The task is formidable and the Ukrainian forces anticipate heavy losses, but they are utilizing their best equipment and strategies to minimize the impact.
- Ukrainian brigades, consisting of Marder, Stryker, and BMP infantry fighting vehicles, managed to penetrate the heavily fortified Surovikin Line, a Russian defensive setup filled with mines and obstacles.
- Upon breaching the defensive line, Ukrainian forces find themselves in an exposed terrain leading to Verbove, where they are in clear sight of Russian drones and artillery.
- Ukrainian troops had previously liberated Robotyne, another fortified area, using carefully planned artillery assaults, giving them valuable experience for their current mission.
- The 9th Operational Corps, one of the best-equipped Ukrainian brigades, is fully engaged in the mission to liberate Verbove and is deploying its best fighting vehicles for this purpose.
- Ukrainian forces are expecting to incur heavy losses, evidenced by recent strikes from Russian artillery and drones, but believe the risks are justified as the armored vehicles can protect their crews from catastrophic attacks.