Nautilus Defense LLC and Leidos Inc. have been awarded contracts for the development of Smart Electrically Powered and Networked Textile Systems, with values of $11,633,124 and $10,624,107, respectively. Both contracts will focus on the creation of innovative wearable, washable garments featuring active smart textile components, with the possibility of the cumulative value increasing if options are exercised. Additionally, multiple firms, including Webworld Technologies Inc. and Karthik Consulting, LLC, were awarded contracts for Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations, amounting to a total ceiling of $99,999,999.
- Nautilus Defense Contract: Awarded an $11.6 million contract to develop smart textile garments, combining micro yarn textile with low-power electronics, work is expected to be completed by January 2025, with a potential value up to $24.9 million if options are exercised.
- Leidos Inc. Contract: Awarded a $10.6 million contract for the development, integration, fabrication, and testing of smart electrically powered and networked textile systems, with potential cumulative value up to $22.7 million, completion expected by January 2025.
- Multiple Award Contracts for Air Force Intelligence: Webworld Technologies Inc., Inflowlogistics LLC, 1 Mission Partners, Innovative Approach JV LLC, and Karthik Consulting, LLC received indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contracts with a total ceiling of $99.9 million for various intelligence and cyber operations services, expected to be completed by August 2029.
- Open Competition: The contracts for the smart textile systems were solicited using full and open competition via Naval Information Warfare Systems Command E-Commerce Central and Federal Business Opportunities websites, receiving 18 timely offers.
- Funding Details: All contracts include fiscal 2023 operations and maintenance funds from the Navy and Air Force, with specific obligations detailed for each awarding activity.