Resistance bands, particularly mini bands, are versatile fitness accessories that can provide low-impact but highly effective strength workouts. The recent episode of Well+Good’s Trainer of the Month Club features Lululemon Studio trainer Lonnie Poupard demonstrating a 10-minute routine aimed at strengthening the lower body, while also bringing stability to the hip and knee joints.
- Resistance bands offer an external force to muscles without requiring weight lifting, improving muscle endurance, strength, and strengthening connective tissues in joints.
- Mini bands are small resistance band loops that come in varying levels of resistance. The level chosen should challenge your muscles, but also allow you to complete the movements.
- Resistance bands can aid in improving mobility, ensuring that joints can work through their full range of motion under tension.
- Mobility and strength are key in preventing pain. For instance, weaker glute or hamstring muscles can cause a chain reaction, leading to back pain.
- The lower body resistance band workout comprises exercises like clamshells, banded walks, and leg lifts that target your glutes, challenge your hips’ range of motion, and support your knee joints.