A Ukrainian special forces infantry unit known as the “Omega” unit has shared footage of the destruction of a Russian infantry fighting vehicle in the Donetsk region, as part of ongoing counteroffensive operations. The counteroffensive, aimed at recapturing Russian-occupied territory, is said to be making steady advances, with Ukraine reporting liberation of 130 square kilometers in the south.
- The Ukrainian National Guard’s “Omega” unit, which specializes in collecting intelligence and carrying out raids behind Russian lines, has been involved in destructive attacks on Russian infantry fighting vehicles.
- The counteroffensive operations by Ukraine are progressing, with the Ukrainian forces reportedly conducting operations in six sectors of the front, making gains in some areas.
- Ukraine reports it has liberated approximately 130 square kilometers of territory in the south during the counteroffensive.
- The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army General Mark Milley, described the counteroffensive as advancing steadily and deliberately, but also emphasized the brutal realities of warfare.
- Despite Russian claims to the contrary, the U.S. based think tank, the Institute for the Study of War, has corroborated Ukraine’s reports of making gains through their counteroffensive operations.