Lockheed Martin has delivered customized software for the FFG 62 Constellation-class lead warship. In other defense news, the US State Department cleared a $5.9 billion purchase of P-8A Poseidon aircraft for Canada, Israel received its first new Namer 1500 armored personnel carrier, Ireland welcomed its first Airbus C295 Maritime Patrol Aircraft, the UK’s Joint Helicopter Command is being restructured, and Australia is in talks about potentially donating 41 F/A-18 Hornets to Ukraine.
- Lockheed Martin’s delivery of the combat systems software for the future FFG 62 Constellation-class lead warship marks a significant milestone in its development.
- The Canadian government has been cleared by the US State Department to purchase 16 P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft from Boeing, worth $5.9 billion.
- Israel’s Ministry of Defense received its first Namer 1500 armored personnel carrier, which will replace the aging M113 APC vehicles.
- Ireland made a major investment in defense with the arrival of the first of two Airbus C295 Maritime Patrol Aircraft, awarded to Airbus Defence and Space for $251 million.
- Australia is in discussions with the US about potentially donating 41 F/A-18 Hornets to Ukraine, as part of an effort to boost Ukraine’s defense capabilities.