The fall season brings a variety of beers perfect for cooler weather and outdoor activities. From pumpkin ales to smoked beers and Oktoberfest lagers, beer enthusiasts have a multitude of options to enjoy while watching football, partaking in Oktoberfest, or simply enjoying the crisp air.
- Pumpkin ales, like New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin and Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, are a popular choice for fall, featuring pie spices and unique twists like habanero peppers or rum barrel aging.
- Smoked beers, such as Alaskan Brewing Co. Smoked Porter and Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen, offer a unique taste profile with smoked malts that pair well with BBQ foods.
- Märzen and Festbier lagers, often associated with Oktoberfest celebrations, offer a malty and robust but refreshing taste. Notable mentions include Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest and Jack’s Abby Copper Legend.
- Various fall beers are made with creative ingredients such as spruce tips, maple syrup, and French oak barrels for unique flavor profiles.
- Seasonal releases are limited, urging beer enthusiasts to try them before winter arrives.