Zane Kekoa Schweitzer, a two-time Ultimate Waterman and 15-time World Champion in windsurfing and stand-up paddleboarding, shares his mental strategies for staying calm under high-pressure situations. His techniques include visualization, mindful tapping, and a consistent journaling routine, which he believes are key to his success in both his athletic and personal life. Schweitzer emphasizes the importance of mental preparation in facing challenges, whether in sports or business.
- High-Pressure Experience: Schweitzer is experienced in handling high-pressure situations, such as facing 60-foot waves or long-distance races, emphasizing the importance of mental calmness and emotional control.
- Mental Preparation Techniques: He uses various techniques like visualization, mindful tapping, and journaling for mental preparation, which he considers as crucial as physical preparation.
- Mindful Tapping for Visualization: One of his favorite practices is mindful tapping, which involves visualizing the desired outcome while tapping different body points, helping him to refocus and maintain composure under pressure.
- Journaling Routine: Schweitzer has maintained a consistent journaling routine for over 12 years, which helps him manifest success, maintain gratitude, and reflect on his actions and their impact.
- Adaptation and Preparation: He emphasizes that success is a combination of preparation and opportunity, highlighting the need to adapt to changing conditions and remain prepared for challenges.