The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Special Forces rescued seven kidnapped victims, including six females and one male, during a night patrol near Birnin Gwari, Kaduna state. The terrorists fled upon sighting the troops, and the victims were taken to a NAF medical facility for examination. Air Marshal Hasan Abubakar praised the efforts of the troops and called for intensified efforts to rid the area of criminal elements.
- The rescue operation was carried out by the NAF Special Forces near Birnin Gwari, Kaduna state, on Sunday, August 8, 2023.
- The seven victims included six females, kidnapped from Paikoro, and one male, who was abducted from Rijau in Niger State.
- Upon sighting the troops, the terrorists abandoned the victims and fled into a nearby forest.
- The victims were taken to a NAF medical facility for review and subsequently released, except for the male victim, who was still under observation.
- Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Hasan Abubakar, applauded the troops and emphasized the need for intensified efforts to make Kaduna State and surrounding areas free of terrorists, kidnappers, and other criminal elements.