Patrick Tate Adamiak, a 28-year-old sailor based in Virginia Beach, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for dealing in illegal firearms. Adamiak was convicted for receiving, possessing, and transferring unregistered machine guns, as well as possession of two grenade launchers and two antitank missile launchers.
- The conviction was a result of a series of investigations starting from May 2022, during which authorities recovered 33 guns from Adamiak’s possession.
- Adamiak sold at least eight unregistered machine guns online to a confidential source with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives between October 2021 and April 2022.
- An additional search of Adamiak’s residence led to the recovery of 25 more unregistered machine guns.
- Evidence suggests that Adamiak had been involved in the unregulated sale and transfer of firearms since 2016, operating under his business, Black Dog Arsenal.
- At the time of the trial, Adamiak was a first class master at arms in the Navy, assigned to Pre-Commissioning Unit John F. Kennedy.