A group of Marines in dress blues were involved in a brawl with civilians outside a nightclub in Austin, Texas, but are not facing any disciplinary action. The incident, captured on video, showed a physical confrontation escalating quickly, with both sides throwing punches. Despite the involvement of local law enforcement and brief detentions, no arrests were made, and the Marines from the 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division are not under any formal investigation or punishment.
- Incident Details: Marines in dress blues engaged in a physical altercation with civilians outside a nightclub in Austin, Texas, with the fight captured on video and posted on YouTube.
- Law Enforcement Response: The Austin Police Department and Texas Department of Public Safety officers intervened in the brawl. Although some individuals were detained, no arrests were made following the incident.
- Marines’ Unit and Status: The involved Marines were identified as part of the 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division. As of now, they are not facing any disciplinary or administrative actions.
- Previous Incidents: The article references a similar incident that occurred in San Diego, where Marines were involved in a melee with a group of teenagers near the San Clemente Pier, leading to arrests and minor injuries.
- Marine Forces Reserve’s Stance: Second Lt. Sean Cloherty, a Marine Forces Reserve spokesman, mentioned that while the command is informally looking into the situation, there are no formal actions being taken at this time.