The Brazilian defense firm Mac Jee Group has unveiled a prototype of an exploding drone named Anshar, with a planned official launch in early 2025. This loitering munition, showcased at the Dubai Airshow, is designed to destroy high-value targets and aligns with modern warfare tactics seen in Eastern Europe. A demonstration of the drone is set for the World Defense Show in Saudi Arabia next year.
- Anshar Drone Prototype: Mac Jee Group introduced Anshar, an exploding drone prototype, which is part of the emerging class of loitering munitions gaining prominence in modern warfare.
- Features and Capabilities: The Anshar drone boasts a range of 120 kilometers, a speed of 612 kph, a one-hour endurance, and can carry a 20-kilogram payload.
- Targeted for Modern Warfare: The drone is designed to be cost-effective, easy to maintain, and operate, aiming to meet the evolving requirements of warfare, particularly in light of conflicts in Eastern Europe.
- Upcoming Demonstration: A demonstration of the Anshar drone is scheduled for the World Defense Show in Saudi Arabia in February 2024, emphasizing Mac Jee’s focus on Middle Eastern markets.
- Brazil’s Defense Hub: Mac Jee is based in São José dos Campos, a major Brazilian defense and aerospace hub, also home to Embraer and other defense firms.