A video has surfaced showing intense close-quarter combat between the Ukrainian 73rd Naval Special Operations Center (NSOC) and Russian troops in a trench on the southern front of the ongoing counteroffensive in Ukraine. The brutal footage, captured by a helmet-mounted camera, displays the team killing Russian troops, one by one, in a manner reminiscent of WWI trench warfare.
- The video depicts the Ukrainian 73rd NSOC, like U.S. Navy SEALs, launching a surprise attack on Russian troops in a trench, resulting in multiple fatalities.
- The Ukrainian Special Operations Forces (SSO) posted the video on their Telegram channel, claiming the NSOC team surprised the Russian soldiers from the rear and killed 10 of them.
- The graphic video highlights the brutal and chaotic nature of warfare, specifically the claustrophobic horror of trench warfare and the immediate threat of death.
- The incident was filmed using a helmet-mounted camera by one of the Ukrainian operators, providing rapid access to scenes of the ongoing conflict.
- Yuriy Butusov, editor of the Ukrainian CENSOR.net news outlet, described the video as “one of the most stunning close-quarters battles captured on video in the history of modern wars.”