The importance of hard work, consistency, and providing value to others as the key to reaching the top 1% in any profession. Drawing from his personal experiences of becoming a top performer in his company and industry, the author emphasizes that doing more of the right things and not just being busy can lead to greater success.
- The 80/20 rule suggests that 80% of people are struggling, while 20% do well, and within that 20%, only 1% are genuinely thriving. Most people are unwilling to put in the necessary work to reach the top 1%.
- Based on his experience, the author highlights that hard work, adding value to others’ lives, and doing more of the ‘right’ things contribute to exceptional performance.
- He stresses that being busy doesn’t equate to being productive. Many people tend to do just enough to get by rather than truly excelling.
- He learned from being let go from a job after exceeding targets and building successful processes that performance doesn’t always guarantee job security.
- Regardless of setbacks, individuals can become successful by leveraging their innate talents and putting in the required work, leading to success in business or any other endeavor.