Germany has deployed a Special Forces unit to Cyprus to potentially assist in the rescue of German hostages held by Hamas terrorists in Israel or to aid evacuations from Israel with military protection. Reports from German media outlets indicate that the German government is preparing for various scenarios amid the ongoing conflict. Additionally, Germany has agreed to several of Israel’s requests related to armaments and defense resources.
- A Special Forces unit from Germany is stationed in Cyprus to potentially assist in hostage rescue missions or provide evacuations from Israel.
- The German media, including Bild and Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa), highlighted the German government’s readiness for different outcomes in the ongoing war.
- Germany has granted priority to arm sales to Israel to aid in the fight against terrorists.
- Israel received permission from Germany to use two Heron TP combat drones out of the five that were leased by Germany. Additionally, Israel requested warship ammunition, bulletproof vests, and banked blood.
- Currently, there are around 100,000 Israelis with German passports residing in Israel, and eight Germans are among the hostages held alongside other nationals.