A former master sergeant, Joshua Robert George Glardon, previously associated with the 4th Psychological Operations Group at Fort Liberty in North Carolina, was sentenced to 76 years in prison for distributing child pornography. According to the U.S. Attorney’s office, he pleaded guilty to four counts of distributing child pornography, with other charges dismissed. The investigation into Glardon began with tips from Kik social media and led to the discovery of thousands of images of child sexual abuse material on his devices. A Fayetteville woman also involved pleaded guilty to the production of child pornography and received a 30-year prison sentence.
- Sentencing Details: Joshua Robert George Glardon was sentenced to 76 years in prison, with a lifetime of supervision if released. He was charged with distributing child pornography, based on an investigation by local and state authorities.
- Involvement of a Second Individual: A Fayetteville woman involved with Glardon in the crime pleaded guilty to the production of child pornography, receiving a 30-year prison sentence. She allegedly allowed Glardon to assault the child, and their digital conversation revealed details of the abuse.
- Discovery of Evidence: The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children received tips leading to Glardon. A search warrant allowed law enforcement to find thousands of abusive images on Glardon’s phone, including homemade ones. Nearly 50 conversations were found where Glardon shared the images and encouraged their distribution.
- Connection to Military and Academic Positions: Glardon had served with the U.S. Army and started working as a military science instructor at Appalachian State University before his arrest. His connection to the military and university adds context to his professional background.
- Ongoing Investigations: A first-degree statutory sex offense charge is pending against Glardon in Cumberland County. His case is complicated by a report from 2012 that alleges inappropriate behavior, the outcome of which is still unknown.