Flight attendants frequently cross multiple time zones, making them experts at handling jet lag. Jet lag disrupts the body’s internal clock when traversing through various time zones rapidly. Flight attendants suggest several methods, including staying awake before your flight, consuming coffee or bananas for a natural boost, engaging in physical activities, sticking to one time zone, and having a robust support system to help manage the effects of jet lag.
- Jet lag is caused by the disruption of the body’s circadian rhythm when crossing multiple time zones quickly.
- One suggested remedy is to stay awake during the flight, allowing for natural sleep upon arrival in the new time zone.
- Consuming coffee or bananas can provide a quick energy boost to combat the tiredness caused by jet lag.
- Some flight attendants recommend either fully adjusting to the new time zone or sticking strictly to the original time zone to maintain consistency.
- Having a strong support system, like fellow crew members, can help individuals stick to schedules and adjust more easily.