OpenAI’s ChatGPT, originally a language-based generative chatbot, has grown to cater to a variety of users’ needs. Its recent feature, ChatGPT Vision, enhances its capabilities by processing images along with textual inputs. This article, by Adnan Ahmed, delves into eight diverse and practical ways users can harness the ChatGPT Vision feature in their daily tasks.
- Image Description & Identification: ChatGPT Vision can identify random objects or provide detailed textual descriptions of images, making it useful for those seeking clarity on unfamiliar items.
- Character Recognition: The feature recognizes fictional characters from popular media. However, it ensures privacy by refusing to extract information about real individuals.
- Coding Assistance: By uploading wireframes or UI designs, users can ask ChatGPT to help generate the corresponding code, making the platform a valuable tool for developers and designers.
- Translating Handwritten Text: Beyond simple translation, ChatGPT Vision can categorize, summarize, or even rewrite handwritten text in another language.
- Infographic Interpretation: It offers detailed explanations of visual data, like pie or bar charts, but users are advised to be cautious about potential data inaccuracies.
- Furniture Assembly Assistance: By sharing a photo of perplexing assembly instructions or furniture pieces, ChatGPT can guide users on assembly.
- Artwork Feedback: While it lacks human intuition, ChatGPT Vision can provide valuable feedback on art compositions, framing, colors, and more.
- Recipe Suggestions: Users can upload pictures of ingredients they have on hand and receive meal recommendations from ChatGPT.