Anduril Industries, a defense technology firm established in 2017, has announced the acquisition of autonomous aircraft developer Blue Force Technologies. This move is aimed at delivering affordable, mass-produced defense tech to the Pentagon. Blue Force Technologies is recognized for its “Fury” aircraft, an autonomous vehicle with high performance likened to fighter aircraft. The acquisition aligns with Anduril’s strategic goal to be a major player in the defense tech sector.
- Anduril Industries acquires Blue Force Technologies, a North Carolina-based company known for the developmental autonomous aircraft called “Fury.”
- Anduril intends to further develop the Fury aircraft, seeing its potential to complement their existing fleet of autonomous vehicles.
- Christian Brose, Anduril’s chief strategy officer, emphasized the company’s vision of rapidly delivering innovative defense solutions to the Department of Defense.
- The announcement follows Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks’ initiation of “Replicator,” an endeavor to produce thousands of autonomous drones within two years.
- Anduril’s broader ambition is to become a primary defense contractor, as articulated by founder Palmer Luckey.