The “ZEUS – 2023” small-scale special operations exercise took place from July 4 to 6, involving the National Guard and the British Armed Forces. The exercise aimed to co-train Special Forces personnel in executing combat procedures in inhabited mountainous areas and other scenarios, enhancing their training and interoperability.
- The exercise was conducted under the Bilateral Defense Cooperation Programme between the Republic of Cyprus and the United Kingdom.
- The training included scenarios like airlifting, direct offensive actions in mountainous areas, shooting tower training, and First Aid instruction.
- Major General Neofytos Pachoulides, Inspector General of the National Guard, commended the personnel’s planning and execution, underlining the importance of joint training for cooperation and understanding.
- The exercise allowed the National Guard’s special operations personnel to undergo training alongside their British counterparts, aiming to improve their training and interoperability.
- The successful conduct of the exercise underscores the excellent relations between the armed forces of both countries and their commitment to strengthening bilateral defense cooperation.