Windlift Inc., based in Durham, North Carolina, has been granted a $30 million contract by the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory to support the research and development of an Airborne Power Generator system. The work, which doesn’t include any additional contract options, will be conducted in Durham and is anticipated to conclude by September 2025. Alongside this, an immediate task order worth $11,386,281 was released.
- Windlift Inc. is awarded a $30 million contract for the development of an Airborne Power Generator system.
- The contract’s entirety is set at $30 million without additional options.
- A separate task order, valued at $11,386,281, was issued at the same time.
- The project, based in Durham, North Carolina, is projected to finish by September 2025.
- The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, D.C., is overseeing the contract.