New evidence suggests that Ukrainian special operators, specifically from the Defense Intelligence Directorate (GUR), might be operating in Sudan against Wagner forces, a private military company from Russia. These reports could indicate a subtle expansion of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine as the GUR seeks to target “Russian military criminals” worldwide.
- A video shows a Ukrainian Defense Intelligence Directorate (GUR) sniper in action, with claims that the setting is in Sudan against the Wagner Private Military Company (PMC). Wagner, a Russian PMC, has been aiding the Rapid Reaction Forces (RSF) in Sudan amidst a civil war.
- The GUR’s operations in Sudan would be in line with their commander’s pledge to pursue “Russian military criminals” globally.
- Babel, a reporting source, has received confirmation from intelligence circles about the GUR’s activities in Sudan, accompanied by several videos showcasing their operations.
- The videos that have emerged were compared to others previously shared by CNN, which were located around Omdurman, Sudan.
- Historically, the GUR has conducted operations in Sudan, including a rescue mission in Khartoum earlier this year.