Ukraine’s Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR) released a video showing a covert nighttime raid by Ukrainian special forces in Crimea. The operation involved soldiers using jet skis and motorized rafts to infiltrate Russian-controlled coastal waters and land on the Crimean Peninsula. The footage highlights the planning, execution, and combat engagement of these special ops troops against Russian forces, underscoring their tactical capabilities and bravery.
- Special Forces Operation: Ukrainian special ops soldiers from the “Stugna” and “Bratstvo” units, part of the HUR’s “Tymyr” unit, executed a covert nighttime amphibious landing in Crimea using jet skis and motorized rafts.
- Infiltration and Engagement: The operation, showcased in the video, involved meticulous planning and preparation, leading to a successful infiltration into Crimea and subsequent engagement with Russian troops.
- Objective and Impact: The raid aimed to conduct sabotage, reconnaissance, and demonstrate Ukraine’s ability to covertly infiltrate occupied territories and engage the enemy effectively. The operation resulted in significant losses for the Russian forces.
- Demonstration of Ukrainian Sovereignty: In a separate incident on Ukrainian Independence Day, Ukrainian forces landed in Crimea, engaging with Russian troops, inflicting losses, and raising the Ukrainian flag, symbolizing Ukraine’s claim over Crimea.
- Military Intelligence and Coordination: The HUR, Ukraine’s military intelligence agency, not only collects data on enemy movements but also conducts and coordinates such lethal covert operations against Russian occupiers.