A Ukrainian Security Service sniper reportedly set a new world record by eliminating a Russian serviceman from a distance of 3.8 km, surpassing the previous record of 3.54 km. The sniper used the Horizon’s Lord rifle, made in Ukraine with international collaboration.
- The record-breaking sniper shot was confirmed by Yuriy Chornomorets, a Ukrainian volunteer involved in supplying sniper rifles to the frontline.
- This 3.8 km shot is not the first at this range in the Russo-Ukrainian war; a previous shot at the same distance only wounded the enemy.
- The Ukrainian sniper utilized the Horizon’s Lord sniper rifle, produced by a Ukrainian company in cooperation with Bartlein Barrels Inc. (USA) and ARC Ballistics (UK).
- The Horizon’s Lord rifle is versatile, accommodating various bullet types and boasting an effective range of 2,500 meters, with a potential for greater range.
- This event marks a significant achievement in military sniping and showcases the advanced capabilities of Ukrainian weaponry.