A Russian tank, retrieved from the Desna River by Ukraine’s sapper divers and military personnel, will be restored and added to Ukraine’s Armed Forces. The tank had sunk during an unsuccessful crossing attempt by Russian forces near the Shestovytsa Village, Chernihiv Oblast.
- Ukrainian military sapper divers and personnel of the Operational Command Pivnich (North) successfully retrieved a sunken Russian tank from the Desna River.
- The tank was part of a failed Russian attempt to cross the Desna River near Shestovytsa Village, in the Chernihiv region.
- The tank appears to have no significant damage and will be restored for use by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
- Russian forces have repeatedly failed in their attempts to cross the Desna River during battles near Chernihiv, leading locals to draw parallels with the Russians’ heavy losses in Chornobaivka in 2022.
- The recovery of the tank will bolster the resources of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.