— Trending News (@Trendings911) July 29, 2023
Ukrainian special forces from the Alpha sub-unit of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) have reportedly destroyed a Russian 2S5 Giatsint-S 152mm self-propelled gun in the Zaporizhzhia region. According to the Dutch-based research team, Russia has lost at least 36 such artillery systems, with Ukrainian forces having captured six
- The Ukrainian Alpha stand-alone sub-unit of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has destroyed a Russian 2S5 Giatsint-S 152mm self-propelled gun.
- The action took place in the Zaporizhzhia region of Ukraine.
- A Dutch-based research team reports that Russia has lost at least 36 2S5 Giatsint-S guns, while Ukrainian forces have captured six.
- The 2S5 Giatsint-S gun, produced during the Soviet era, is capable of firing low-yield nuclear projectiles and has a maximum firing range of up to 37 km with advanced ammunition.
- The gun entered service with the Soviet Army in 1976 and production ceased in the early 1990s.