Ukraine has begun ‘offensive actions’ against Russian forces in the ongoing conflict, according to Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Malyar. The escalation centers on the city of Bakhmut, described as the ‘epicenter of hostilities’, with Ukrainian forces aiming to encircle the city and trap Russian units.
- Ukrainian forces have launched a series of small-scale armored offensive operations, potentially signaling the beginning of a full-scale counter-offensive.
- Russia’s defense ministry claimed it repelled a major Ukrainian attack in Donetsk, although Ukraine’s military refutes this and states it has no information about a major attack in the region.
- Ukrainian military sources pinpoint Bakhmut as the epicenter of hostilities, with Ukrainian ground forces reportedly moving towards the city and making progress against Russian defenses.
- There has been an uptick in Ukrainian military activity, hinting at the start of a major counter-offensive that has been anticipated for some time.
- The Ukrainian government is attempting to manage public speculation over the offensive, emphasizing it will not provide advance warning of the start of such operations.