The United Arab Emirate’s EDGE Group has acquired a 50% stake in Brazil’s SIATT smart weapons firm, marking its latest expansion into the Brazilian and broader Latin American market. This move is a continuation of EDGE’s strategic growth in the region, with the conglomerate aiming to be a key player in high-tech defense systems. The partnership also capitalizes on EDGE’s previous collaboration with SIATT, relating to the MANSUP national anti-ship missile project.
- The UAE’s EDGE Group has purchased half of the shares of SIATT, a Brazilian smart weapons firm.
- EDGE has been making strategic investments in Brazil, signaling its aggressive expansion in the Latin American defense sector.
- The collaboration with SIATT is intended to focus on the development and manufacturing of next-generation smart weapons and solutions.
- Previously, EDGE and SIATT had entered into a co-development agreement involving missile technology for the Brazilian Navy.
- SIATT believes the investment from EDGE will aid in the joint development of advanced smart weapons solutions catering to both nations’ defense requirements.