In Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, the remains of former Navy SEAL, John Fitzpatrick, were discovered, leaving authorities with numerous questions regarding a still missing woman. Fitzpatrick and a Chinese national woman named Fang Jin had met on social media, leading Jin to travel to the U.S. to meet him. While the duo was captured on surveillance in July, both went missing, with Fitzpatrick’s remains being found in September, but no trace of Jin. The circumstances surrounding the case remain largely mysterious, with ongoing investigations from various sheriff’s departments.
- The remains of John Fitzpatrick, a former Navy SEAL, were found in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, but his companion, Fang Jin, remains missing.
- The pair met on social media and decided to meet in person; they were last seen together on surveillance video in July.
- Skeletal remains, later identified as Fitzpatrick’s, were found by a hiker in the Harper Canyon area in September.
- Authorities found Jin’s belongings in Fitzpatrick’s mobile home, and the home showed signs of decomposition.
- Investigations are still ongoing, with the primary concern being the whereabouts and safety of Fang Jin.