Thailand has suspended a U.S.-brokered peace agreement with neighboring Cambodia following a landmine explosion in Huai Ta Maria, Si Sa Ket province, that injured four Thai soldiers.
Thai Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the incident shows that threats to Thailand’s national security continue and added that all truce measures will be suspended until the country’s demands, which remain unspecified, are met.
“The Thai military is halting all agreements until Cambodia can show clear sincerity that they will not be hostile,” Thai Supreme Commander General Ukris Boontanondha said in social media posts by the Thai armed forces.
The ceasefire agreement between Thailand and Cambodia was signed last month after deadly July clashes. Under the agreement, Thailand is set to release 18 Cambodian soldiers in custody, and both countries are to start removing heavy weapons and landmines from the border area.
Similar landmine explosions have occurred both before and after the agreement. Thailand has previously accused Cambodia of laying new mines in violation of the agreement, a claim Cambodia denies.
Meanwhile, hours after the announcement, the Royal Thai Army said Cambodian soldiers fired small arms at a Thai border outpost. Cambodia has not commented, and the claim has not been independently verified.
The Royal Thai Army is reporting that soldiers with the Cambodian Army opened fire with small arms in the direction of a military outpost on the border between the two countries earlier, in an attempt to provoke retaliation from Thailand. This incident comes only hours after the… pic.twitter.com/7lkeGpWc2F
— OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) November 10, 2025







