The MACVSOG (SOG), the secret Special Forces unit from the Vietnam War that operated in Cambodia, Laos, and North Vietnam. COL (Ret.) Paris Davis, a Medal of Honor recipient, advocates for SOG to receive the Congressional Gold Medal due to their immense contributions and influence on modern Special Forces. The story also highlights another Medal of Honor recipient, Jon Cavaiani, and his remarkable actions on Hickory Hill.
- MACVSOG (SOG) was an ultra-secret Special Forces unit that operated behind enemy lines during the Vietnam War.
- COL (Ret.) Paris Davis argues that SOG should be recognized with the Congressional Gold Medal for their sacrifices and foundational tactics.
- Jon Cavaiani’s notable actions on Hickory Hill, as detailed in the book “A Wolf Remembered,” earned him the Medal of Honor.
- “The Pilot” is a story from SOG’s FOB4, detailing the emotional experiences of participants.
- More about SOG can be found on the Chapter 78 website, YouTube channel, and X account (formerly Twitter).