The latest military weapon support and tactical gear were showcased at The Range Complex during the Modern Warfare Week, organized by the Global SOF Foundation. The event featured demonstrations of various advanced equipment, including suppressors, virtual missile training systems, modular munition systems, thermal optics, and small aerial munition launchers. These innovations represent significant advancements in military technology, aiming to enhance the effectiveness and safety of special operation forces.
- Suppressors for Firearms: Demonstrations included suppressors from companies like Sig Sauer Inc. and Surefire, which are being increasingly adopted by military units like the Marine Corps to reduce the sound and flash from firearms.
- Virtual Missile Training System: Blue Halo’s virtual Stinger trainer was presented as a cost-effective training solution, saving expenses by simulating real missile launches, currently used by the Army and Marines.
- Modular Munition System: MMS Products Inc. introduced the Mjölnir system, a versatile munition solution with both humanitarian and military applications, capable of being drone-agnostic and customizable with different types of explosives.
- Advanced Thermal Optics: The demonstration featured next-generation thermal weapon sights, like the VooDoo multi-mission thermal sights from Pixels on Target, offering enhanced target detection capabilities in various conditions without relying on lasers.
- Small Aerial Munition Launcher: Nammo Defense Systems Inc. showcased a combination of the M72 light anti-armor weapon with Alare Tech’s BLADE unmanned aircraft system, creating a remotely operated aerial munition launcher for precision targeting.